Note: This article assumes that you want to connect while off-campus. If you want to remote in to a Windows computer while on campus, simply skip the steps related to Cisco AnyConnect.
In order to connect to a Windows computer from your Mac you will need to download and install two pieces of software:
- Microsoft Remote Desktop: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN: https://help.queens.edu/hc/en-us/articles/202449524-Connecting-to-VPN
Once you have those programs installed please follow the instructions below:
- Start Cisco AnyConnect and connect to vpn.queens.edu using the instructions outlined in this article.
- Start Microsoft Remote Desktop. Click ‘new’ in the upper left corner of the window.
- Fill out the information according to the screenshot below.Note: This article explains how to find your computer name. Please ensure that you type the full name, including .queens.edu in the ‘PC name’ field. You will only need to fill out the information in this window the first time you use Remote Desktop.
- Close the Window when you have finished filling out the fields. Now you will have an entry listed under ‘My Desktops’. Select it and press ‘start’.
- If you receive a pop-up about a certificate, click ‘continue’. After a moment, you will be connected.