- Duplicated – The desktop is duplicated (including resolution) on more than one display. This setup can be useful for running demos and presentations.
- Extended – The desktop is extended across multiple displays. Each extended display has its own unique desktop area (including screen resolution and refresh rate). This setup can be used to provide additional desktop space.
In Duplicate mode, the same image appears on all displays.
To set up Duplicate mode:
- Right-click on an empty area on the Desktop, and select Display Settings from the menu
- In the Displays Setting menu, it should list all detected displays (in the example below, 2 displays are used). Click on the Multiple Displays drop-down menu, and select Duplicate these displays.
- Click Apply
- Click Keep changes button
In Extended mode, the Desktop is extended across multiple displays to maximize the work space.
How to Enable Extended Desktop Mode
- Right-click on an empty area on the desktop, and click Display Settings
- In the Display Settings menu, it should list all the detected displays with the main display highlighted by default (in the example below, 3 displays are used).
- Select “box 2”, click on the Multiple Displays drop-down menu and select Extend Desktop to this display
- Click the Apply button
- Click the Keep changes button
- Close Display Settings to exit.