We’ve designed a much easier way for you to connect your gaming or streaming media device to campus wireless. You no longer need to submit a ticket to the Help Desk to initiate this process. It’s now completely self-service. Here’s how to do it.
- Connect your gaming or media device to the WiFi network "QU-Gaming" using the instructions provided by your device manufacturer. You’ll be prompted for a password or key. You’ll create that online in the next step.
- Using your computer, tablet or phone, browse to the Device Keys page at http://gaming.queens.edu.
- Create an access key by clicking 'Add Device' and the type of device you have.
- You’ll be shown your device key immediately on the screen. It will also be emailed to you. The key will be valid for 1 year. You may have up to 5 keys for 5 different gaming or streaming devices.
- Enter the access key into your device when prompted. That’s it! Your device should now be connected to the QU-Gaming.
Contact email@example.com if you have any difficulty.
FAQ about connecting gaming and streaming devices to the network.
Q) Why is there a special process for connecting my gaming/streaming device to wireless?
- Many gaming and media devices like XBox, Playstation, ROKU and Smart TVs don't support the security measures needed to connect to the QU-WiFi wireless network. IT Services provides this self-service method to enable these devices to connect to a separate unsecured wireless network.
Q) For how long is the key I generated valid?
- 1 year.
Q) How can I know how long my key has been in use?
- The Device Activation Date will be listed for all of your current streaming & gaming devices, so you’ll know when 1 year is approaching.
Q) Do I need these special keys for my laptop, phone or tablet?
- Your laptop, phone and tablet will securely connect to the QU-WiFi network using your username and password. The keys are used only to connect gaming and streaming devices like XBOX, ROKCU, Apple TV and Smart TV’s to the unsecured QU-WiFi network.
Q) I’ve used this key for a year and now it’s expired. How do I reconnect it?
- Click the “Regenerate” link that appears next to your device key on the WiFi Device Keys This will regenerate the key for your device for an additional year.