Applies To: Queens Faculty, Staff, & Students
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is now available for current Queens faculty, staff, and students at no cost.
- Office 365 ProPlus is a full version of Office, which includes: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, and more.
- The Office 365 ProPlus programs have the same features and functionality as other versions of Office. For example, Word in Office 365 ProPlus works the same way it does in Office Standard 2016.
- Each user can install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five home or personally-owned PCs/Macs and up to five mobile devices. Office mobile applications are accessible on iPhone and Android phones and automatically included with all Windows phones.
- Documents can be saved locally to your hard drive or in your OneDrive account (OneDrive is preferred as it is available anywhere, anytime via Internet connection.)
Installation on PC/Mac
- Log into mail.queens.edu
- Once logged in, click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select Office 365 Settings.
- Select Software from from the Office 365 Settings menu.
- Select the appropriate language and review the system requirements.
- Note: If your system does not meet the specified requirements, use the links at the bottom of the page to install Office Professional Plus 2010.
- Click the Install button to begin installation. The site will automatically detect your system (PC or Mac).
- Note: The default is set to 32-bit as the recommended version. Click the arrow to select 64-bit if preferred.
- Save and Run the installation file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
During the installation on my Mac, I'm prompted to: "enter product key, sign into 365 subscription, or try office 365 for Mac." What should I choose?
Choose option #2 and sign in using your Queens username and password.
Where can I get help if I am having trouble installing Office 365 ProPlus?
For installation assistance, please contact the IT Services Help Desk email@example.com (704) 337-2323
What are the differences between Office 365 ProPlus and Office 365 University?
- Office University costs $99, while Office ProPlus is free
- Office 365 University includes an extra 1 Terabyte of OneDrive storage and 60 minutes per month of Skype premium. These two services are not available within Office 365 ProPlus.
- Office 365 ProPlus includes additional organizational applications such as Skype for Business, Infopath and a number of added technologies for organizational uses (Information Rights Management as one example) which are not available in Office 365 University.
Can I install Office 365 ProPlus on more than one computer?
Each user can install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five home or personally-owned PCs/Macs and up to five mobile devices.
I recently purchased Office 365 University. Can I be reimbursed or compensated for that?
Unfortunately, no. Office 365 University is a consumer offering and users can continue to take advantage of their storage and 60 minutes per month of Skype Premium.
Who is eligible for Office 365 ProPlus?
- All faculty and staff and all students who are enrolled in one or more credits at Queens are eligible for Office 365 ProPlus.
- Users must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify they are still eligible for the program.
What happens after students graduate?
Your access to Microsoft ProPlus will continue for a short period of time after you graduate. When you are no longer eligible, you will still be able to access and print your files. You will not be able to install new instances of Office 365 ProPlus and you will not be able to create/save/edit files.