Applies To: Queens Faculty, Staff, & Students
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is now available for current Queens faculty, staff, and students at no cost.
- Office 365 ProPlus is a full version of Office, which includes: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, and more.
- Each user can install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five home or personally-owned PCs/Macs and up to five mobile devices. Office mobile applications are accessible on iPhone and Android phones.
- Documents can be saved locally to your hard drive or in your OneDrive account (OneDrive is preferred as it is available anywhere, anytime via Internet connection.)
Installation on PC/Mac
- In any web browser, go to portal.office.com, and login with your Queens email and password when prompted.
- Once you are logged in, you should see a button in the top right that says Install Office, click that and select Office 365 apps
- The installer will now download. Instructions should pop-up for how to launch it, will be a bit different depending on your platform and browser.
After installation is completed. Open the product you wish to use. Accept all initial defaults.
For the product to activate you may get prompted to log in with your Queens account. Login with your queens email address and password. With a successful activation, you will get a prompt stating that "this computer has been added to your account". You are limited to 5 systems.
Where can I get help if I am having trouble installing Office 365 ProPlus?
For installation assistance, please contact the IT Services Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org (704) 337-2323
Can I install Office 365 ProPlus on more than one computer?
Each user can install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five home or personally-owned PCs/Macs and up to five mobile devices.
Who is eligible for Office 365 ProPlus?
- All faculty and staff and all students who are enrolled in one or more credits at Queens are eligible for Office 365 ProPlus.
- Users must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify they are still eligible for the program.
What happens after students graduate?
Your access to Microsoft ProPlus will continue for a short period of time after you graduate. When you are no longer eligible, you will still be able to access and print your files. You will not be able to install new instances of Office 365 ProPlus and you will not be able to create/save/edit files.