- When User1 opens a central model from the server, a local copy is also made on the workstation. Model editing always takes place on the local copy.
- When a local copy is in use you will see your username appended to the filename of the central model.
3. If User1 attempts to edit a portion of the model which is actively in use by User2, User1 will see a message indicating that the User2 has the element locked and must relinquish control before User1 can make edits.
4. User1 can place a request for User2 to relinquish control of the elements in use.
- User2 will see an “editing request” icon in the lower status bar. The number 1 next to the icon indicates that User2 has received 1 editing request.
- User2 can choose to Deny the request, or they can Grant the request and relinquish control of elements in use from the central model To relinquish control they can”
- Cancel and close their unsaved work, or
- Save changes and synchronize them back to the central model. This is so User1 will be able to reload the central model with the most recent changes.
- In some cases, they me need to hit the Relinquish All Mine button as well.
- Once User2 has relinquished use of the elements the editing requests icon will clear the count, and User1 can do a Reload Latest to acquire the latest updates from the central model (saved by User2) and begin to interact with the elements.