This article will discuss the process of changing your default wireless connection. QU-WiFi should be used as your default wireless network. QU-Guest is intended for visiting users who do not have Queens accounts.
- Click the wireless icon in the notification area.
- Select one one of the wireless networks listed.
- Check the box for Connect automatically and the click Connect. This automatically moves the network up the priority list.
Windows 7 and 8
- Click the Start menu, then enter Network and Sharing Center into the search box and press ENTER.
- On the left side of Network and Sharing Center, click Manage wireless networks. You'll see all the wireless networks that you’ve connected to in the past.
- Change the priority of a wireless network in the list by selecting it and clicking Move up or Move down. The top network in the list has the highest priority.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar and then click Open Network Preferences. (Alternatively, from the Apple menu, click System Preferences > Network.)
- Select Wi-Fi in the left pane and then click Advanced.
- Under the Wi-Fi tab, drag from the list of preferred wireless networks in the center pane to reprioritize them. The network at the top has the highest priority.