Faculty and staff, with a telephone extension, are eligible to have a voice mailbox and Personal Long Distance Access Code. Please email your request for a personal long distance access code to Tim Estep, estept@Queens.edu . Your personal long distance access code will be sent via a Secure Email. You will hear a 2nd dial tone prompt, after dialing any telephone number requiring your personal long distance access code. A brief guide for setting up and using your telephone and our voicemail system is below.
Logging Into Your Voice Mailbox
You may log into your voice mailbox from any campus phone:
1. Dial 2550 (Voice Mail Access Extension Number)
2. Key your voice mailbox number, followed by the # sign (i.e. 2200#)
3. Key in your password, followed by the # sign. If we reset the password, it will be 704 followed
by your voice mailbox number. (i.e. 7042200#)
Setting Up Your Password
Set up your password as soon as possible. This will protect the privacy of your messages. The password can be 4-14 digits. Use a number that is easy to remember but difficult for someone else to guess.
1. Log into your voice mailbox (above)
2. Key in 84 for password change
3. At the system prompt, enter your new password followed by the # sign
4. Enter your new password again, followed by the # sign
5. Enter your old password (704 + the mailbox number, if we reset) followed by the # sign
Creating Your Outgoing Message
Your greeting can be revised as often as you like. You can have one greeting for on campus calls and one for off campus calls.
1. Log into voicemail
2. Key in 82 for greeting change
3. Key in 1 for your internal greeting, 2 for your external greeting, and 9 for your personal verification
4. Press 5 to record your greeting; when finished, press the # sign
5. Press 2 to review your greeting
Creating a Temporary Absence Greeting
This greeting will override all other greetings and be heard by all callers.
1. Log into voicemail
2. Press 823
3. Press 5 to record your greeting; when finished, press the # sign
4. Press 2 to review your greeting
5. Press 9 to set the expiration date and time
Checking Your Messages
You may also check your messages from off campus by dialing (704) 337-2550. It is important to delete your messages after you have listened to them. At the end of the message simply press 76 and it will be deleted. Failure to do so can cause the system to backlog and throw messages into a holding file. You will not receive any new messages until the old ones are deleted. Once you are in voicemail you can "move" around within the messages.
Press 1 to "skip back" within a message
Press 3 to "skip ahead" within a message
Press 4 to "skip back" to the previous message
Press 6 to "skip ahead" to the next message
Press 9 to "call" person who left the message
Replying and Forwarding Messages
To REPLY to a message...
1. Press 71 at the end of the message
2. Press 5 to record your reply after the beep; when finished, press the # sign To FOWARD a message...
1. Press 73 at the end of the message
2. Enter the extension to receive the forwarded message followed by # sign once all extensions have been entered, press the # sign again
3. If you want to record an introduction, Press 5 to record your introduction after the beep;
when finished, press the # sign
4. Press 79 to forward the message