While a larger system upgrade is pending, there is a temporary projector in place which is not able to be controlled by the podium touch screen. During this time, all projector functions will need to be done on the Epson remote. When using the remote, make sure to stand in front of the projection screen, and point the remote directly at the screen. Even though the projector is behind the screen, it will be able to receive commands through the screen. Below is a summary of some important functions.
- To Power the Project On/Off: Use the blue button at the top left of the remote with the power icon. When powering on, you will only need to hit this button a single time, and should be able to hear the projector beep to confirm that the command has been received. It will take a minute or so for the projector to warm up before you will see any image on the screen. When powering off, the projector will bring up a confirmation window on the screen, at which time you will need to push the power button a second time.
- To show the Podium Computer: Turn the projector on, select PC on the touch screen, and push the Computer button at the top of the remote, at which time you should see the Computer 1 source indicated at the top right of the screen.
- To Show the Laptop Input: Turn the projector on, select Laptop on the touch screen, and push the Computer button at the top of the remote, at which time you should see the Computer 1 source indicated at the top right of the screen.
- To Show the DVD Player: Turn the projector on, and push the HDMI/Video button at the top of the remote until the HDMI 1 source is indicated at the top right on the screen. Do not press and hold the HDMI/Video button, but rather press repeatedly to cycle through the inputs until the correct source is reached.
- For Audio Control: Continue to use the podium touch screen to control all audio functions. The volume buttons on the Epson remote are not functional.
If you experience any problems or need assistance with the technology in Ketner Auditorium, please contact the Queens IT department by calling 704-337-2323, emailing email@example.com, or visiting help.queens.edu.