Note: You must be connected to the Queens network (by QU-WiFi or by direct Ethernet cable) to complete this setup for any computer.
Important Note: After the printer is added as the instructions state below, for each type of OS, if the printer does not work, try using "APPPRINT01" in place of the IP address of the print server.
- Click Start and type \\10.132.22.20 in your search bar
- Double-click on the Follow-Me-Printer
- Enter your Queens email address and password. (make sure you check the ‘remember credentials’ box)
Windows 8 and 10
- Right Click on the start button and select Run from the menu
- Type \\10.132.22.20 and press enter. You do not need to select an area or search box; simply begin typing.
- If prompted, enter in your Queens email address and password.
- Double click on the Follow Me Printer.
- Once the printer is finished installing a small window will pop up showing the print queue.
Mac OS X Lion 10.7 and higher
- Go to System Preferences and choose the Print & Scan icon. The Print & Scan dialogue box will appear.
- Next click the "+" sign at the bottom left corner of the Print and Fax window pane. This will allow you to add a printer. In addition, make sure that the lock in the lower part of the window is open. If not, click on it and provide your computer’s user name and password. (Note: this is not your Queens username and password; this is your individual computer password.)
- Look in the toolbar for the Advanced icon. IMPORTANT: If the Advanced icon is not visible, hold the Control key + click (or click with two fingers on the track pad) in the toolbar and select "Customize Toolbar...". Drag the Advanced icon onto the toolbar.
- In the Add Printer menu, under Advanced select Windows Printer via Spools from the 'Type' drop down menu.
- In the URL field enter the following: smb://10.132.22.20/Follow-Me-Printer
- In the Name field assign the printer the name “Follow Me Printer”. Then in the Print "Use" box click the drop-down menu and Select "Generic Postscript Printer"
- Next, if you are presented with the option to select "duplex printer", enter a check-box indicating duplex printing is available and click OK.
- Click Add, and your printer will appear in the Print and Scan menu.
- After adding the Follow-Me Printer, open a document and click 'Print'. You will be prompted for your username and password. Select Registered User, then enter your Queens username and password as shown. Click Ok.