If ProQuest tells you “We seem to have encountered a problem” clearing your web browser's cache settings may resolve the issue.
To clear the cache in Internet Explorer:
1. Open Tools>Internet Options from the IE menu
2. Under the General tab, choose Browsing History DELETE
3. UNCHECK the box for Preserve Favorites website data
4. CHECK the boxes for Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and InPrivate Filtering data
5. Click DELETE button
6. Close all IE windows, open a new IE window, and try logging into ProQuest now
To clear the cache in Firefox
1. Open Tools>Options from the Firefox menu
2. Choose the Privacy option
3. Click “Clear your recent history”
4. Make sure that only the boxes for “Cache” and “Cookies” are checked
Note: You may have to expand the “Details” selection to view these options
5. Click the “Clear Now” button
6. Click OK
7. Close all Firefox windows, open a new Firefox window, and try logging into ProQuest now
- In the Safari menu bar, click the Safari option.
- Select the Preferences link.
- In the Preferences window, click the Advanced tab.
- At the bottom of the window, select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox.
- Return to the Safari menu bar and click the Develop option.
- Select the Empty Caches link.
To clear the cache in Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings:
- Click All cookies and site data to open the Cookies and site data dialog.
- To delete all cookies, click Remove all at the bottom of the dialog.
- To delete a specific cookie, hover over the site that issued the cookie with your mouse, then click the X that appears on the right corner.