*The ITS User Support Services Team (USS) is responsible for configuring your Queens Email account in Microsoft Outlook as part of the standard desktop configuration process for all new employees.
Should you wish to verify settings, or add your Queens Email account to Microsoft Outlook on a personal-owned device, follow the steps below:
PC Users: Queens Email is compatible with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013.
Mac Users: Queens Email is compatible with Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 1 or later
To add Queens Email to your Outlook desktop application, follow these steps:
- To open Outlook 2010, on the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, and then click Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Click File and under Account Information, click Add Account.
- In the Add New Account dialog box, select Email Account, and then type your name and the email address and password given to you for your Office 365 account.
- Click Next. Outlook connects to Exchange Server for Office 365 and automatically confirms your account information and configures Outlook.
- Follow the instructions to complete adding your account to your Outlook application.
- After your Queens Email account has been successfully added to Outlook, you can manage your Email in your Outlook desktop application.
Configure Outlook 2011/2016 for Queens Email
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011 or Outlook 2016
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts. For 2016 Select Add Account
- If this is the first account you're creating in Outlook for Mac 2011 or 2016 under Add an Account, click Exchange Account.
- If you've previously created an email account for a different email address, in the lower-left corner of the Accounts dialog box, click + to add an account, and then click Exchange.
- On the Enter your Exchange account information page, in the E-mail address box, type your full user ID, for example, email@example.com
- In the Method box, make sure User Name and Password is selected
- In the User name box, type your full user ID again.
- Type in the Password.
- Make sure Configure automatically is selected, and then click Add Account.
- After you click Add Account, Outlook will perform an online search to find your email server settings. In the dialog box that asks you if you want to allow the server to configure your settings, select the Always use my response for this server check box, and then click Allow. After the new account is created you'll see the account in the left pane of the Accounts dialog box. Close the Accounts dialog box.
- After the new account is created, you can view your mail by clicking the new account name in the navigation pane.