Note: Windows 8 has a new user interface called Metro that is designed for touchscreen computers and handhelds. Because of this, you must move your Mouse/track pad pointer or finger to a corner of the screen for certain options to appear.
- To begin configuring your Windows 8 computer for the wireless network, move your pointer to the top- or bottom-right corner without clicking and the Charms Bar will appear on the right.
- Click the Settings icon in the Charms Bar.
- From Settings, click the Wi-Fi icon above Notifications.
- Note: If there are available wireless networks but your computer has not connected to any of them, the Wi-Fi icon will read Available underneath.
- Windows will display a list of available wireless networks.
- Click QU-WiFi. QU-WiFi will become highlighted when it is selected
- After selecting QU-WiFi, click the Connect button that will appear in the Wi-Fi networks list.
- Windows may display Checking network requirements while it detects the security settings for the wireless network.
- Enter your Queens username and password, then click OK
- After successfully connecting to the wireless network, Windows will display the Wi-Fi networks list with QU-WiFi as Connected.