- From the menu bar, click the AirPort icon and select QU-WiFi. Note that you may first need to select "Turn AirPort On" if it is not already.
- Enter your Queens username and password, and then click OK.
- When the Verify Certificate window appears, click Show Certificate.
- Check the Always trust... box located directly under the picture of the lock, then click Continue. Your computer should connect to the encrypted wireless network.
Note: You may be prompted to unlock your Keychain in order to store the certificate. If so,
provide the name/password for your laptop. These may be different from your Queens
University of Charlotte credentials.
*This concludes the automatic QU-WiFi setup. To manually enter or review your connection settings, see below.
Manually Enter/Review Connection Settings
If you wish to manually enter the connection settings and your login credentials, click the
AirPort icon, select Open Network Preferences, and click Advanced.
- Open System Preferences
- Open Network
- Click Advanced
- Click on the 802.1x tab
- Click the "+" sign and select "Add User Profile", and enter QU-WiFi for the profile name
- Enter your Queens username and password
- Select QU-WiFi from the available networks list
- Make sure PEAP and LEAP are the only options checked under Authentication. Lastly, make sure that under Security Type you select WPA2 Enterprise and click OK
- On the Network screen, click Apply and then select "QU-WiFi" from the menu
- When the status for the connection becomes "Authenticated via PEAP", the computer is successfully connected
- This completes the QU-WiFi setup