Resetting your web browser may resolve issues with webpages not behaving properly (unable to load videos, click buttons, etc).
- Close all Internet Explorer windows. Select the Tools button in the upper right hand corner (looks like a gear), and then select Internet options.
- Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, select Close, and then select OK. Restart your PC to apply change.
- Click the menu button and then click help.
- From the
menu choose .
If you're unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close to refresh itself. When finished, a window will list your imported information. Click and Firefox will open.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the box that appears, click Reset.
- Click Safari in the upper right hand corner, next to the Apple menu
- Choose Preferences from the drop down menu
- Click on the privacy icon in the preferences window
- Click Remove All Website Data
- Click Remove Now